Re: Pulsating Brake Pedal - broken shoe hold-down ?

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pulsating Brake Pedal - broken shoe hold-down ?
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 12:32:06 -0400
Ding ding ding!  Good call, Laurie!

Inspection revealed both friction surfaces had de-bonded and departed the
shoe backings at the left rear.  They had started to break up and became
jammed between backing plate and shoe backings and wheel cylinder and
hold-down springs and drum (creating the odd smell, which was a new
variation on the usual cooked brake smell).  In short, a mess.  But, a
contained failure and no drum scoring.  Right rear (where I had thought the
problem was...) was nominal.

Guess I'm doing rear brakes, next...

- Bob

--
- R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
  Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280