Rear brakes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear brakes
From: "Steven Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:21:50 -0500
Hello list,

Inspected the rear brakes on Tuesday and found both froze. Disassembled the
drivers side and found both the piston and bore in good condition. A light
cleaning and all is well.

The right side was just inspected and the aluminum bore and piston are pitted
and beyond repair. Are these items still to be found?

I have the manual and followed the layout of the shims as shown on the
exploded view. There are 4 shims. Two look to be the same having a bent tab.
One shim has a straight tab on the end. The last shim is curved and appears to
be the keeper shim. Both rear brakes had the shims installed different then
shown in the exploded view and each side was installed from different ends.
Now I'm totally confused as to how the shims should be installed. Any
assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Harvey