poetry

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: poetry
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:16:30 -0500
Some of you that have been around a while have read the Haiku and the Sonnet
I wrote about roadsters.  I don't claim to be a good poet, but I enjoy the
process, and since I received a request to send the Haiku to someone
recently, so I thought I might send it out to everybody again.  Poets are
sensitive people, so if you don't like my stuff at least send me a couple of
dollars to make me feel better. Calspeed, the sonnet is for you.

Four Seasons Roadster Haiku

WINTER

Boxes on the hood
Jack stands in a cold garage
Waiting for a part

SPRING

Soft rain falls on me
No top, many miles from home
Soggy seat, wet pants

SUMMER

Top down and blue skies
Bright sun and wind in your hair
Roadsters at their best

FALL

Autum leaves drift down
Warm feet, cold nose, coat and hat
Back home before dark

Sonnet 311

Oh, roadster mine, so powerful, so swift,
I love to hear your engine sing its song.
While Others chide, "Of senses you're berift.",
I choose you for my trips, both short and long.

You stop, you go, you back, you turn with ease,
Those Others never understand our fun,
And when I stow your top to catch the breeze,
They watch with envy as we greet the sun.

You age with grace, a feast for classic eye.
Your simple, rugged heart beats strong and true.
While parts for you are sometimes very high,
to have you sitting, broken, leaves me blue.

And if that day arrives when we must part,
a bit of you will stay within my heart.

Leisure Suit Terry