New toy

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New toy
From: "Steve Guthrie" <wildplaces@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:11:29 -0700
Greetings to the folks on the list,

I just purchased a '69 1600.  It does everything it's supposed to do, (engine
runs, transmission shifts, brakes stop, etc) but I am starting a frame off
restoration.  I am going to stroke the motor, but will probably keep the 4
speed.  The body has an amazing lack of rust, only a couple of very small
areas that will be very easy to repair.  Seats were in great shape, windshield
is good.  I think I got very lucky in finding this car!

I am throwing myself on the mercy of the list, and ask for any advice you
might give me in regards to the restoration and modifications. I'll have the
body off the frame by this weekend and will start chassis clean up and
restoration, followed by engine, then body.

I am excited to start this project as well as excited about joining this
community of Roadster lovers!

Steve-1969 1600