Re: Question about front disc brakes

To: "Ronald Mistak" <remfender@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Question about front disc brakes
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:29:25 -0500
You can get new seals for around $25 per set. (Don't hold me to that price
but it won't be too far off.)

If your cylinders are pitted you can have the lined with brass or stainless
steel.  It costs about an extra $20 per cylinder but you'll never have to
have it done again.

The rotor is just a hunk of cast iron.  As long as they aren't scored or
warped beyond repair they should be fine.

Personally, I have always found the stock brakes to more than adequate.
But, that would depend upon the type of driving being done.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359