GM alternator question

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM alternator question
From: "Datsun_Sports" <Datsun_Sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:34:37 -0700
Hi,

I have an aftermarket GM Alt. in the roadster I bought. I want to do the
single wire hook up that is seen on 311.org. my alt says Hitachi on it. do
they make them for GM? if not can it be done with alternators that are not
the specific model listed on the site? the previous owner told me it was a
GM. its not the original for sure. mine was hooked up using one wire but he
had it going to a voltage regulator (non-stock) and the old one as well for
another connection. I want to do away with them.

thx,

mike (Las Vegas)