The Death of the list?

To: mark@dealermats.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The Death of the list?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:08:40 -0700
My fellow Datsun Roadster Owners,

At the SoCalROC picnic yesterday, a very nice lady driving an immaculate 70
2000 commented to me how she was amazed that Datsun Roadster owners were so
unassuming and unpretentious. I also recommended that she subscribe to the
list as it is (or was) an invaluable resource for information. Now I am not
so sure.

When I organized SoCalROC two years ago I made sure that there would be no
president, no dues, and no ridiculous competitions of ego. I did this on the
advice of people who were original members of DROC, a club that
self-destructed due to politics and power grabs.

In the last two months, I have seen many long time list members leave the
list for the stupidest of reasons, mostly having to do with egos and power
grabs. It's stupid and it's a waste of time. I don't care about shirts, who
makes them, who has what opinion of whom and who knows more or less than I.

Grown people that basically say "If you don't play the game by my rules I am
going to take my toys and go home" is just amazing to me. I've said it
before and I will say it again: IT"S ABOUT THE CARS.

Please let's all stop worrying about stupid stuff and pay attention to the
cars.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC