Re: ignition electrical questions for a 1600 early 67

To: "Datsun_Sports" <Datsun_Sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: ignition electrical questions for a 1600 early 67
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:34:21 -0400
Mike,

If your ammeter gauge is bad nothing will work as the power goes through the
gauge for all the circuits except starting. It can act as a fuse in a
serious short.

Replace the gauge before doing anything else BUT put a fuse inline as there
may be a short somewhere for the gauge to blow. Alternatively you can put
the inline fuse on the starter harness so it can be reached easliy. I used a
bayonet fuse like more modern cars. Radio shack sells them.

Mike