Re: Steering wheel adapters

To: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel adapters
From: datjunky <datjunky@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:46:24 -0700 (PDT)
hello john,
i just put a momo steering wheel on my 66... although i like the look of the
stock wheel, it is much better than the skinny stock wheel that is hard to
grip.
the bolt pattern on grant hub (5) is differ than the one for momo hub (6)... i
do not know if the diameter of the hub differs...
far as my research on the net, the hubs are no longer available for our cars.
anyway, i used a momo hub for a zcar. the spline is identical but the hub was
little tall for me (about 4+ inches tall). so i took
about 1.5" off and re-welded the pieces back together. and during the install,
i've moved the plastic retainer and the turning
indicators back an inch or two.
if you like, i'll take some pics over the weekend.

ken

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com