Re: Roadster Rears & 1500's

To: audela2@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Rears & 1500's
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:58:01 -0400
Well, the answer to your questions are kinda convoluted.  The change to the
rear axle occurred with the 1967.5 models.  The brake drums changed to the
aluminum finned units.  The torque strut was added.  With the 2000,
different sized wheel cylinders were employed.  and the springs got softer
than the earlier cars.

BUT, you can bolt it right in.  Just leave the torque strut off (or get
creative and weld a mount to the frame) If you want a softer ride, swap
springs at the same time.

Sure, post the 1500 stuff!

Sid

>From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
>To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Roadster Rears & 1500's
>Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:43:21 -0700
>
>Got another question...
>
>Are there any differences between the '68 rear axle & differential and
>those
>used in '66/'67?  Could I install the axle assembly from the '68 into a '66
>without any modifications?
>
>Also, as a matter of possible interest for fellow SPL310 owners... I have a
>service bulletin dated July 15 19'63 introducing the dual carb 1500.  I was
>thinking about scanning it and linking it on our website, if there is any
>interest.
>

>Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
>'64 SPL1500

Sidney Raper