Upset at the Datsun Event / Calspeed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Upset at the Datsun Event / Calspeed
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:35:11 EDT
only1echofox@yahoo.com writes:

> As if it would surprise anyone, I sent the emails that
> Calspeed now refers to.  In all honesty, I was
> infuriated at his email denying a poster, yet inviting
> clubs to come.   I recall vividly his vehement
> rejection of a National Meet idea in the center of the
> country, stating "it's too far to drive..."   But
> apparently, it's not to far for those of us outside
> California to drive to his shindig.

Hello,

I didnt want to respond to this email but since I was addressed personally I
think it is only fair that I do respond.

I never was against a National Meet.  I was never against a Meet in Colorado
or Kansas or anywhere.  I never.... ever said it was too far to drive.  As a
matter of fact I spoke positively about it as a possible family vacation
since I had the ability to trailer my Roadster with my family.

If I ever said anything negative about the Meet it was that I wouldnt be able
to attend for a few years since Mary and I had a kid in Dec'99.  Otherwise, I
was all for it.

For anyone to make up such a story about me is totally uncalled for.  Maybe
it was done to make me look like a "bad guy"?  I just dont know.  And to say
that I dont care about Datsun Roadsters or their owners across the country is
silly.  Have you not seen my Emergency Roadster Owner Contact List?  Have I
not always been hospitable to all Roadsters folks who just happen to be
traveling to California?  Dont I always open an invitation to S.F?  I
entertain at least two different guests a year off of this Roadster List.
All of these accusations are ridiculous.

I dont care if someone has something bad to say about a situation.  But I
dont appreciate someone saying bad things about me.  Especially if they are
untrue.  If anything, I have always been a good friend to all on this List.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion