OT- dealer vs independent shops

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT- dealer vs independent shops
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Well I went and bought the 89 CRX.  I talked him down to $1200 and I
just couldnt resist.  Body is fair and interior is in decent shape.  The car
has sat for a while I mean years of not really being used.  I replaced the
dist cap, rotor spark plug wires.  I changed the plugs out too. They looked
fine except the two center plugs had some oil in the hole and on the threads.
One of these plugs was really loose though.  Oil needs to be changed BADLY and
the rad and block need to be back flushed-the fluid inthe overflow tank was
looking pretty gunky.
        The car runs great but when engine braking I here a grinding noise?
I am thinking its the CV joints.  The car also has power brakes but they dont
feel like power brakes more like my roadster brakes.... Anywho since this is
going to be our new main source of transport I want a pro to look it over.
In town there is a Honda dealer and then there is a Honda only independant
shop.  What are the pro's and con's of going to the dealer?? Isn't it more
expensive?  Is it really any better?
                Daniel 69 2000
                Oakland
My plan is to get Irene to love the honda then we can get rid of that albatross
of a JAG!!!! plus with this sensible car I can take my car out of commision for
a while to do some major mods.....