Re: O.T. Blue dot tail lights

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Subject: Re: O.T. Blue dot tail lights
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:25:05 -0700
If I remember the color blue was reserved for the authorities. Here it is
illegal to have any color other than red to the rear except for orange turn
signals and to the front only orange and of course headlights. The various color
neons and hyper-lights are technically illegal by the way. Federal law allows a
modulated or flashing headlight on motorcycles providing it meets a certain
number of flashes per minute and only operates during daylight hours. Even the
flashing stoplight is illegal but no one will stop a motorcyclist for trying to
be safe unless he is a real jerk. As I ride a bike, I do everything I can to get
the surrounding/oncoming cars to see me!