Update brakes

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update brakes
From: "aaron atkins" <amatkins@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:14:19 -0700
Hey gang,
     Drove the car around the block today.  Got the brakes working and all
the accessories ( lights, heater, wipers) working.  Two problems came up.
First the brakes.  After cleaning the whole system, the brakes worked great.
After the first test drive I noticed that the pedal was fading away from my
foot.  After some inspection we found the problem.  The cross-over line from
the inner to the outer caliper halves is covered in plastic.  Water had
collected in there and rusted the line from the outside in.  If the metal
brake lines on your cars have never been changed, pay attention to this
area.  It looked deceivingly solid with the coating on it.  Second, the
trans I put in the car is making noise in third gear.  With the clutch in,
the noise goes away.  It only makes noise in third (no others).  It is a
tick.
     Everything else is cherry.  All lights, brakes , slave are DONE.  It
was a short drive around the block, but boy was it fun.

Aaron Atkins
'67 1600