it runs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: it runs
From: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:51:06 -0800 (PST)
still putting off working on my guages (yuck)

got my 66 running yesterday
last plated in 97 which is the last time it probably
ran

the po said it needed a fuel pump (i got one from
expressautoparts - their slow delivery is free)
but i tried the original one and it worked fine

the floats stuck a bit and it overheats (hoping it
is just the thermostat)

now i have to get a title, tires and some sand paper
and...

question to anyone who got this far
it is really hard to crank over when starting
(i had stolen the points earlier for my 70)
does the hard cranking mean that the points are
sparking too late, too early??

thanks for listening :-)
lou
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!