Roadster Exodus from California - AZROC here I come!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Exodus from California - AZROC here I come!
From: Ryan Roswell Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:08:00 -0700
Sorry about posting a roadster related email to the list, I hope all of you
don't mind.

I am also sorry to report to all you SoCal ROCers out there that you've lost a
roadster.  My '67 1600 is now in the safe confines of my garage in Tempe,AZ,
right next to our '02 Honda Odyssey.  I had a few options to get the car to AZ,
one was to have a friend tow it here, in the end, a friend recovering from a
break-up with girlfriend made my mind for me, we both flew to Orange County
yesterday morning and drove the car home.

I was a bit worried about the car making the journey as it had only been driven
16 miles in the last year.  On top of that, she had just been put back together
from a frame-off body job.  The car performed flawlessly.  Better than I could
have imagined.  I even dared push her a bit... 5200 RPM in 4th gear and she was
still smooth.

I would like to thank Paul and Pam Bauman one more time for all they did to get
this car back on the road.  There still is a lot of cosmetic work to do, but I
can take my time with them.

I actually drove the car for errands today, for the first time.  What a blast!
After owning a roadster for the past year, I actually got to experience what
all you have been doing all this time.

Now that I am in Arizona, I need to get acquainted with all of you here.  I
know a lot of you have already introduced yourself when the car was yet here,
feel free to do so again.  Thanks,

Ryan Bird
'67 1600
Tempe, AZ