Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!

To: marc@animalfirm.com, dafox1@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!!
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:26:57 EST
In a message dated 05/01/2002 14:05:14 GMT Standard Time, marc@animalfirm.com
writes:

> Rob may mean "On the scene" in the sense of Ford control of Jaguar.  See
> below quote:  (Rob wrote)
>
> >Jaguar
> >regained independence in '85 just before William Lyons died and Ford took
> >over in '89.
>
> Cheers,
> -Marc T.

Cheers Marc, that's what I meant.

Roadster content - there should be yet more roadster stuff in the next
Grassroots Motorsports mag.

Rob
PS. This is getting very OT but one of the best cars I had in my teens (apart
from the Jags) was a Rover 3.5 coupe - it had a Buick-derived V8 (215ci) but
higher compression ratio and SU carbs instead of the twin or 4 barrel
Rochester. So, if Rover did it, I guess any transplant of a US motor into a
Brit car is OK ... but apart from the Rover you probably won't see one on my
driveway.