Re: soft top

To: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: soft top
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:22:22 -0800 (PST)
That is Sidney Levine.  I understand his $135 tops are OK, but not
great.  I bought a Robbins top from him for my '70 1600 for a bit less
than Rallye.  He doesn't know much about Roadster tops - i.e. which
tops will fit which years - and the Robbins book doesn't help, listing
a top for 69.5-71.  I know there was a different window gutter style on
the '70 top, but why not call it a '70?  I had the 68-69 top put on my
'70 and it fits fine.

I paid a local Datsun Roadster guru to put the top on, though.  Shops
will charge a fortune (I was quoted about $700 total, top + labor).
You may be able to do it yourself and be happy with the results; I
didn't want to take that chance.

I don't know where you're located, but if you're anywhere near Modesto,
CA, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the man who can install
the top right (he's not on the list).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599964666

> Lou

=====