Re: door limiter/stopper

To: erikandamy@integraonline.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: door limiter/stopper
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 21:52:48 -0500
Erik,

They are riveted at both ends.  Early cars (1500s) had a pin was not peened,
but rather was drilled and had a cotter pin stuck through it.  A much better
idea imho.  What you can do is to file down the swaging on the bottom of the
rivet (a Dremel tool works GREAT here) and then pop it out.  Save the rivet
though.  Go find a common nail that has the same shank diameter, cut it a
little long (3/16" or so) and drill a small hole in it.  When you reassemble
the car, use these nail bits with tiny cotter pins and all will work fine.

Sid

>From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
>To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: door limiter/stopper
>Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:16:38 -0600
>
>Howdy
>I am attempting to remove the doors on my 70 parts car, but I can't see how
>to get the door limiters/stoppers off.  Both ends appear to be riveted, and
>the brackets appear to be welded on both ends.  My visibility was a limited
>a bit, so I may be wrong.  What is the trick?
>
>Erik Smeby

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060