cost of operation

To: <datsunroadsters@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: cost of operation
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:22:08 -0500
My wife has challenged me to total up my bills to see what the roadster has
cost our finances. (to demonstrate we can't afford it)  When I bought my
roadster, a '70 1600 in April 2000  it needed a clutch and while the engine
was out I removed everything except the crank/pistons. (Well I did lift the
crank to replace the rear main seal)  Head gasket was replaced as well as
timing chain cover gasket.  I later replaced one rear wheel bearing, rear
springs, u-joints, idler box, battery, and choke assembly.
All parts totaled to approx. $1100 and 24,000 miles. With most of cost at
time of engine removal ($200 for clutch/press. plate/bearing, $200 in
gaskets/engine mounts)

Cost in repairs to '95 dodge caravan in 2001 - $1500

I think the little red car smiles smuggly under its winter covers tonight...
daveS