2000 carb replacement throttle shafts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2000 carb replacement throttle shafts
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 02:47:30 EST
Hello:

This is an inquiry to see if there is any interest in replacement throttle
shafts for the 2000 SU carbs. We have a local machine shop that has given us a
quote of $50.00 a pair for 316 stainless shafts. These are the later style,
without the notch for the teflon wrap. All you need to do is have the bodies
machined to accept 3/8 bronze bushings, have them honed to fit, and you are
good for many years of service. If anyone wants a look, we can send a picture
to show the samples. These are the same style as Datsun sold in the replacement
throttle bodies when they were available. Thanks, and please let us know what
you think, as the shop has a minimum, and we want to see if we can meet it.

Dan & Susan
Portland, OR.

PS: For those people that do not know us, we have been working on Roadsters for
25 years now as a hobby. Feel free to ask questions directly, or thru the list,
and we will try to answer them in the evening, after work. Take care.