Cooling system blockage

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling system blockage
From: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 05:40:59 -0600
Got my re-cored radiator back today.  Took a look at the old core.  It
was at least 50% blocked!  This should well explain the heating
problem.  I was quite surprised as I have religiously used distilled
water in this car for 28 years and flushed the system on a very regular
basis.

Something came to mind after seeing this.  I have used a product called
"CLR" around the house for a long time.  It will dissolve calcium from
just about anything.  I have used it on aluminum, brass, chrome, glass,
you name it.  I was wondering if it could be used in the cooling
system?  My only concern would be for the gaskets.  Anyone ever heard of
this product being used in this manner?

--
Best regards,

Fred Schroeder