Re: <OT> car clubs was BRE 510

To: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <OT> car clubs was BRE 510
From: JCLAY510@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:57:06 EST
I have a 240z model that had a sweepstakes entry form in which the grand
prize was a BRE prepared street car.  So... there were some BRE street cars
but more than likely its not.

I also have some opinions on the whole 510/roadster/Zcar  thing. There are a
bunch of great guys in each club. I have had the pleasure of meeting, hanging
out with and even autocrossing with some. They show no prejudice to the kind
of car you have ,want or don't have or want. I personallly have always wanted
to build a Mazda RX3. (and if anyone has one that they want trade let me
know).

On the other hand  there is always the group of people that stereotype you by
what you drive. and it is these people that have burned me out on "car clubs"
If I wanna drive a roadster then I will. If I drive a 510 SO BE IT!!! Who
cares. We live in one of the strictest states when it comes to emissions that
with the drop of a hat we could all be sitting around wondering what to do
with these cars that aren't allowed on the road.We should be united as old
car enthusiasts and not worry about make model or whatever.

Jmmy in Sacramento
68 3000 VG30
68 1600 "soon to be promoted to daily duty"
71 BMW 2002 "soon to be demoted to somebody elses"
91 Landcruiser "been a while since I've driven it     i.e wife vehicle