C&SC article - Classics Show

To: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Subject: C&SC article - Classics Show
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:42:58 EST
svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com writes:

> Rob -
>
> It's nice to be able to put a face to the name, thanks to C&SC. Do you have
> their
> permission to post the Alpine vs. Roadster article, or maybe just the
> pictures, on your
> website (for those who can't get hold of a copy)?
>
> Gary McCormick
> San Jose, CA
>
> RoadsterGB@aol.com wrote:

Cheers Gary

The photographer, Michael Baillie, is a great guy - he works for all the
manufacturers and on the day of the test he'd just came back from a 6 week
assignment in New Zealand for Toyota - he is quite OK about me using the pics
on the site - I am waiting for a set of originals and will scan them in as
soon as I have them. As far as the text is concerned C&SC would prefer me to
wait a month or so before using the article - I may put it up in pdf format
when I get the OK.

I thought it was a very nicely balanced piece although I met the Alpine owner
at the 'Classics' Show at the National Exhibition Centre last weekend and he
wasn't best pleased. It wasn't C&SC's fault he had the inferior car.

Interestingly I opened the program of the Classics Show to find a nice
picture of my 2000 from the year 2000 show. It's getting everywhere lately.
The show was the major event in the UK this year with over 600 stands and
over 1000 cars - there was lots of activity at the two Datsun Z related
stands, there were a couple of Mazda stands and the Honda S800s were there
too.

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/intro.htm";>The Fairlady Roadster
Register</A>