Re: New Pictures

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Pictures
From: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 19:06:16 +0100
Hope the assembly-disassembly process will be over soon, or I'll
become one!

As seen on the photopoint site, I had the complete rebuild engine &
tranny installed on the frame without the body.
After installing the body, putting the wires on the engine and running
it hot, I had to pull it out again, because of the well known "intake
to header pipe" water leaking.
Same thing for the dash. Installed everthing on the dash before
putting it in the car, except the heater controll.
No way to get it under the dash without removing the clock.
Reinstalling the clock took me about 1 hour!
As a Nissan Dealer, I'm happy that the japaneses made big progress in
assembling. These days nearly everthing is easy to reach, you haven't
to dissasemble half of the car if you installed something in the wrong
order!
Think that's the big problem on our roadsters.

Chris-The Belgian Roadster
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1424148&a=10670695&f=0
-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----