Re: Paint versus polish

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint versus polish
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:17:20 -0500
Sid,

You can't acid etch aluminum or it'll turn black. There may be places in
Hemmings that can dip it and clean it.

You can try to have it blasted with baking soda or walnut shells or plastic
media. Unfortunately discolorations in aluminum are almost impossible to get
out because of the porosity of aluminum and the discoloration usually goes
pretty deep.

You could send it out to get Jet Hotted and it would look real sweet plus
it's thick enough to remove or reduce all the pits and casting marks. Won't
look original though.

Mike