Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again

To: LauryV@MTA.NET, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 12:00:17 -0600
4.38 ratio?!?!  Wow, I hope you tow it to the track!  Dou you even use 1st
gear?

IIRC, the rule of thumb is that wheel width should be at least 75% of tire
width, and that's pushing it.  A 6" rim is only 67.7% of a 225 tire, if you
convert 225 from mm to inches.  The most narrow wheel you could get away
with would be 7" wide.  Are your fenders stock?  I'm not sure you could get
away with a 225 tire anyway.  You have a 5 speed, right?

Are you still running those ARs you bought from me?  Those have the perfect
offset for a roasdter regarding clearance, so keep that in mind if you
upgrade to 7 inchers.

Good luck,
Chris