RE: [ClassicDatsunPickups] Making Progress - (please

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: [ClassicDatsunPickups] Making Progress - (please
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:24:23 -0600
Adam Bradley wrote

>The problem with pre-71 is that it includes some but not all 510's and
>even the first year 240z, but not the rest of the 240z's or 1st gen
>z's.
>
>I suggest a pre-68 + models continued essentially the same as their
>pre-68 designs.  Or, be more specific and say pre-68 + Roadsters (&
>Patrol?) to 1970.

How about an egalitarian approach, anything over 25 years old.  In fact
I'd like to see an umbrella organization (mostly social in this case)
open to Japanese cars over 25 years old.  Granted, this does not address
Carl's concerns directly, but could go a ways toward increasing the
visibility and cache' of older Japanese vehicles.  Besides, then Tom
Walter could show up in his Land Cruiser :^).

-Marc T.