#@#$!! damn ! / VG30 vs U20

To: jhatfield@zianet.com, vlaury@earthlink.net, dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu,
Subject: #@#$!! damn ! / VG30 vs U20
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 22:56:54 EST
In a message dated 11/2/01 5:32:05 AM !!!First Boot!!!, jhatfield@zianet.com
writes:

<< I guess I'll have to go with Modesto bunch because a VG-30
 roadster is a gooood thing.  Do matching numbers make for better
 preformance?  (GGG)   I would issue a friendly, fun challenge to
 Calspeed to put his matching no. solex up against the VG-30 too. >>

Wow... I have never been challenged before.  I am assuming that the challenge
is a straight off the line launch race.  Like a toplight dragrace?  I would
be crazy to think that it would be a fair race as we are talking about two
different generations of motors and totally different technology.

Obviously your motor swap was an upgrade.  There is no way a good running U20
would be able to offer a decent challenge to a modern motor conversion.  I
would be silly to think that my car is any different.

I am sorry if I hurt anyones feelings with my joke about not wanting Dan to
go to the Modesto area because he may be influenced to convert to a motor
swap.  It was all a joke.  Because if anyone knows Dans car it would be
totally obvious it was a joke.  His car is about as modified as one can get.
So my joke was really tongue-in-cheek.  No offense to all the motor swappers.
 I think you guys rock.

As for my so called "Matching numbers" car.  Big freakin deal.  I really dont
put too much stake in the fact that the motor is the original.  And all the
people that know me from the years past will know that I meant no harm.

But on a lighter side I wouldnt mind a roadster challenge.  It would be fun.
Maybe we can do the Auto-x at Shasta.  Your car would still be at an
advantage but at least it is at a safe forum.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion

///
///