Re: Now...a step in the WRONG direction

To: "Dwight Woodruff" <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Now...a step in the WRONG direction
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:46:37 -0400
Take the fuel line off the front carburator and crank it with the starter to
see if fuel is reaching the carbs. If it is, it's in the carbs.

If not, it may be a bad fuel pump, However don't remove the fuel pump yet as
there's one more test. Fill a container like a Snapple bottle with gas and
put a line from the intake side of the fuel pump into the bottle and see if
it sucks the gas from the bottle. If it does it's in either the gas tank or
the lines.

Do all this when the engine's cold to avoid unnecessary problems - like gas
hitting a hot header.

Mike