Re: weird electrical problems

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, sandhoff@csus.edu
Subject: Re: weird electrical problems
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:16:10 -0700 (PDT)
I've got a GM alternator wired to the battery ONLY and the car
runs/charges fine.  The ammeter shows a constant negative, esp. with
the headlights on but the voltmeter reads 13-14.5 volts on the battery
when the car is running.  Your car SHOULD work with no connection to
the old alt. wire.

--- Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Hey John,
>       I don't think thats possible.  There was not any direct juice going
> into the old harness thru the old alt hot lead without the fuse in
> place.
> Wait and besides, the fuse is before the ammeter isn't it??
>               Daniel 69 2000
>               SF CA
>
> > Daniel has 'flamed out' his car :-)
> > > ...all showing 0 Volts wiht the key on... all except for the
> horn.
> >
> > You blew your ammeter, Daniel. The missing 35 amp fuse wasn't
> > necessary because all power was routing thru the meter. But now
> > that the meter's blown, adding the fuse is bypassing it.
> >
> > -- John
> >      John F Sandhoff   sandhoff@csus.edu   Sacramento, CA

=====
Adam