Re: Redline tranny oil blues!

Subject: Re: Redline tranny oil blues!
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:48:39 -0400
Redline is a synthetic.

I switched to Redline in the trans in my street car a couple of years ago.
I've had no problems with accelerating leaks.  I had to replace the rear
seal, but it was already leaking.

I also use redline in the race car transmission.  It was leaking quite a bit
when I bought the car, but that was mainly due to o-rings being left out of
the shift linkage, and poor assembly techniques.  When I rebuilt the trans,
I put redline MT-90 back in, and no leaks so far.

happy roadstering,

--
Chris Coker
69 1600 SPL311-24529     <http://members.home.net/cfcoker/roadster.html>