Re: Slick 50

To: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Subject: Re: Slick 50
From: "Wayne Loomis" <detailproducts@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:14:36 -0700
Terry and group

I sold Slick 50 for several wnderful years and have continuously uses it in
every vehicle I have except the GTO.  Th ereason is that the car was stored
for 19 years and the strong cleaner package in Slick may not teat them
gently enough

Terry.  On to your problem.  slick 50 coats every metal part it can clean
and bond to.  That includes cylinder walls.  Unfortanately you have to let
rings seat to the cylinder walls after a rebuild.  That takes a safe 1500
miles or so.  Since you may not have done so, Slick coated the walls with a
Teflon coating slick enough to prohibit seating in.  Even honing wwill not
clean this stuff off (that's its strength).  A rebuild may be necessary but
you will have to hone it out.  If you try the nondetergent oil, just until
the oil belch ends you may avoid the rebuild.

Ultimately Slick 59 lasts for an average of 50000 miles.  Near that time the
rings may finally seat.

You may also try electronic ignition and hot coil to burn the oil that gets
past the rings.

Wayne "Sam" Loomis