RE:New Roadster Website and Registry

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE:New Roadster Website and Registry
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:03:34 -0700
Me again!

I have spent a bit of time putting a new web site together for our little cars.
It is fairly complete but still needs some fine tuning. I am looking for
input good or bad from the list. If you want to write an article to be posted
that would be great. Tech tip input would be great as well. There is an online
registry for our cars with a web based input form. It is not database driven as
yet. Maybe someday when I don't have anything else to do. I know there
are several other sites out there with a lot of the information already. I am
not trying to reinvent the wheel here but my promise to all of you is that your
input will be posted within a reasonable amount of time unless something tragic
occurs or there are just too many to process at one time. Fat chance of
that happening heh! (I mean the too many to process part!) The registry is
modeled after the 510 registry located on the dime and quarterly web site. It
is
just ready and waiting to be filled with information provided from the input
forms. It does not matter whether your car runs or not. Let us know about it.
There is also a place to put scrapped out cars. I have one in there already-the
first roadster I owned-a 1968 1600. I know Mike Bell several years back
was working on a book registry for the roadsters. I am not sure what happened
to it or him. Maybe he sold his roadster and lost interest. That happens as
things change in our lives. Another promise I make to all of you is that if and
when I ever do lose interest, I will turn the information obtained from the
registry over to another person with the enthusiasim I have for this project. I
do not see myself losing interest any time soon. I am pretty excited about this
and have the time to devote to maintaining the site. So with all that said, I
hope some of you find the site worth the effort I put into it.  If you see
something wrong or in error-please let me know and I will fix it. The site is
located at http://www.311s.org The tech tips I used from the acrhives were
used after I obtained permission from the authors. The others I wrote myself
from memory or actual experience. Another note, there are plenty of roadster
owners that are not on the list. Please tell them about the site as well. All
of the registery entries listed there now except for Brad Holmes are non-list
members. I have been beating the bushes. More is better. Thanks for reading
this.

Steve
67.5 stroked 2 liter
66 in pieces