on the road!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: on the road!!!
From: RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:59:34 -0400
Yesterday I changed the insurance sticker on my '69 2000, replacing
the old Oct 99 with a Sep 01.... I'm driving top-down again!  What a
great feeling.  These cars are so much fun and honestly, they look
great.  Everytime I walk around the corner of the house and see my
roadster sitting there, I can't help but grin.

So, thanks to everyone with their oil-pump priming and distributor help.
I was quite pleased to see the motor fire up with limited struggle.  I need
to check timing and do a little valve adjustment, but that's ok - I'm
driving!
Happily, the brakes and clutch seem to be about as I left them.

Next up, re-wire the voltage regulator, alternator, headlight area (met
their
demise in a fire).

cheers,
Dave
'69 2000

PS A little advice regarding aligning the oil pump to allow replacement of
the drive gear after spinning the pump.  I drew a line matching the tang
orientation at the top of the oil-pump priming rod so I could see where the
slot was aligned and used it to spin the pump a little instead of a
screwdriver.
When the slot is filled with oil you can't see it's orientation - I found
the line
helped me get the slot 'close' before proceeding to the nudge-and-try-it
stage
with the drive gear.