Carb stack socks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb stack socks
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:26:36 -0700
Hi all,

While at Shasta I scored on getting a couple intake stacks for my 2000 SU
carbs. These have the rounded folded-back edges to smooth the air-flow,
exactly what I've been looking for to improve performance.

At the Shasta all-Datsun meet I saw a 510 with similar carb stacks and they
were covered with nylon stockings held by rubber-bands. How safe is it to
use these? I know they'll keep large pebbles out of the engine cylinders.
What about finer grit? Should I risk using nylon socks, or should I use the
more "professional" foam filters?

Fred - So.SF
http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/shasta1a.html - (a few for now)