Driving back from Shasta

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving back from Shasta
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:11:59 -0700 (PDT)
Some cool things driving back from Shasta to the Bay
Area.  CalTrans has installed electronic display signs
on Hwy. 5 heading south the first 20 miles or so from
Shasta.  They display your actual speed vs. what they
want you to take the corner at.... "Approaching 60 MPH
corner, YOUR SPEED 70 MPH"  My speedometer is actually
more acurate than I thought showing 73 MPH at what the
radar sign says was 70.

Another nice surprise, I averaged 27 miles per gallon
over mostly highway travel at 70 to 85 miles per hour
over the 704 miles I traveled in the last 3 days.
Normally I only get about 20 MPG in my usual city
driving.

=====
Peter van der Pas
'68 2000