Re: How to wire GM alternator

To: ambradley@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: How to wire GM alternator
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
        Okay now  once you have it mounted so that its pulley lines up
exactly with the water pump pully you can wire it.  Go to the local car
parts placce and pick up the correct length battery to starter cables. These
are BIG thick cables with eyelets on each ends to screw a bolt thru. One
the red cable attach one end to the hot output of the alt. and the other
end to your batt (+) terminal. With the ground wire put one end onto one of the
alt moutning bolts and the other to the same frame bolt the batt is grounded to
or if you have a dual terminal batt then hook it straight to the (-) term on
the batt. Thats all you really need.. If you want you can hook the out put
of the alt thru a 35 amp fuse into the old alt wire (I think white with a
red stripe).  Remember that your alt will not really give you meaningful numbers
after you do this conversion.

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA