OT 510 auto tranny wanted

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT 510 auto tranny wanted
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:04:38 -0700
On-topic: One of my Roadsters may actually make it to Shasta this year!
Last call - we'll be leaving thursday mid-morning if anyone else is going
the same time. BADROC and others: What FRS frequency/privacy code
will you be running?

Off-topic: The new-to-the-family 510 will NOT be going. The transmission
shop has just reported back on the metal soup that my Jatco automatic has
slushing around in its innards :-(. I've spent two weeks smoothing out engine
problems, and now this happens. My mood has darkened...

So before I decide to sell the car, are there any GOOD donor automatics
hiding out there? This is a Jatco, not a Borg-Warner, if that matters. There's
a lot of 510 lurkers among us, so it's worth an ask. The tranny shop wants
$$$$ (yep, 4 digits) to rebuild this one, and I just can't justify that. If I
keep it,
it stays automatic so a 4/5 speed swap is out (and I'm REALLY getting tired
of spending my life under my cars anyway!) I just want a car that works!

Options? Opinions? Sympathy? I'll take anything!

-- John

p.s. Anyone in the Ventura area driving a truck up that wants to pick up
a 4 speed Roadster tranny and bring it with them? Dinner on me at
the Black Bear!  I didn't think so... :-)