Re: 1500 Clutch Problem

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Clutch Problem
From: Marc Sayer <marcsayer@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:46:25 -0700
In addition to making sure you have the right stack of parts for your
application, you have to make sure you are using quality parts. Many of the
aftermarket clutch kits are supplied with oddball TO bearings. They are so
called "OEM equivalent" parts. I have rejected several kits like this. They were
close to the right part and most folks wouldn't have noticed the differences,
but they were not acceptable as far as I was concerned. Several had problems
with the contact area where the clutch fingers ride on the bearing. One in
particular I was sure would not contact the fingers correctly. I have also seen
(sealed) kits come with the wrong parts in them. And occasionally I have seen
kits come with covers that just weren't built right and did not give enough
release. If you want o be as sure as you can be, use Nissan brand parts.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT