Re: Oil Trouble?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, TRRACE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Trouble?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:12:30 -0800
Hi,

First thing I would check is the air filter housing (I assume you're
running SU's with a stock setup). If it's oily inside, you're drawing oil
through the crankcase hose that comes from the top of the engine. If so,
then you may have excess blowby pressure in the crankcase, due to worn
rings or valve guides.

If the air filter housing is oil-free, then tougher problems may be suspect. You
would need to check compression on each cylinder to isolate the causes.

Fred - So.SF