capacities

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: capacities
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:34:39 -0600
Somehow I got off the list for a few days, so this will be my test message.
The Chilton's capacities for a 1600 are:

Crankcase      4.1 quarts
Transmission  4.8 pints
Differential      2.0 pints
Steering         0.5 pints
Coolant          9.0 pints
Fuel              11.8 gallon

Don't forget to put fluid in the carburetors. Less than 1 ounce of something
like automatic transmission fluid. I use Marvel Mystery Oil.  Brake fluid is
a topic of discussion on the list.  Two pints of the best standard fluid
(Dot 4) should be enough to do the job for brakes and clutch.  Some of the
list like the low moisture synthetic because of the limited driving our
roadsters experience.  I use standard fluid. Viscosity and additives are
your choice.  I also take along a cooler for other fluids consumed during a
trip.

Leisure Suit Terry