It's not a 67.5 Solex, but I still may buy it.....(LONG)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It's not a 67.5 Solex, but I still may buy it.....(LONG)
From: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:17:05
Hi List. Well, I went to look at the 67.5 Roadster. I never asked too many
questions on the phone, because I didn't want the guy to think I was
drooling over a possible good find. As it turns out, It is a 67.5 1600. The
vin is SPL0013761 (or maybe it was 13760, I didn't write it down). It does
have the low windshield. I did take a few pictures, and uploaded them to a
the photopoint website. He is down to around $2500, and I was going to try
to offer him $2000. The thing is, I just bought my 68 2000 a few months ago.
Plus, I am working on 2 510's. I need another Datsun like I need a hole in
the head, But this one is pretty clean. It drives good, other than some
backfiring in the carbs. The engine numbers match the frame. The top is
good, the seats are good. The dashboard pad will need replacing. Some of the
chrome is pitting. The paint looks good in the pictures, but it is one of
those 25' paint jobs. I will say I did not see a spec of rust anywhere. He
did show me a folder full of reciepts, that totalled well over $4000 just in
new parts. This guy is in his mid 50's, and is selling it for his son. His
son drove it for about 3 years, and then went to a 4x4 stage. This guy
doesn't know too much about Japanese cars, as he had a 57 chevy, 65 cuda, 47
plymouth limo all in his shop.
So, what would you guys estimate the street value of a car like this is?
Keeping in mind, I already have 3 datsuns, a boat (that is completely gutted
right now), 4 children (Hey, one datusn for each of my kids), and one
income. Take a look at the pictures (I hope I did it right. I just got home,
signed up, and uploaded the pictures a few minutes ago), and let me know
what you think. Thanks.....

-Mick-

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1410266&a=10543892