Letting the car out of the bag (LONG)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Letting the car out of the bag (LONG)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:27:49 -0800
All,

Just reminding all of the Socalers that we are meeting at 11:00 AM on
Sunday, December 17th at the Irvine Spectrum in the South Parking Lot near
the 405 Freeway. After the meet, those who are interested are invited to go
to Dave and Busters for some food and fun. I also had mentioned that a
"mystery car" might be there. Time to explain about it.

You all know that Liz Vipond's 70 2000 blew up a few weeks back and I am
looking at a total bottom end loss as well as a complete head rebuild. Plus
the fact that I will be taking my own 67 2000 off the road for its
restoration soon leaving us with no roadster to drive.

I don't think so.

So we are taking a trip today to go look at a 70 2000 conversion. This car
has a U20 with Solexes, B-CAM, and an LSD. Better yet, because it is a
conversion, he still has the old engine which he is tossing into the deal
along with many other spare parts. If we do the deal (looks good) we will
bring the 70 2000 to the meet on Sunday and I will also get a 1600 engine to
drop into the 70 2000 while I get the U20 rebuilt. Better, we will get two
running cars and I will have something to drive while my 67 2000 is down.

I have never driven a car with an LSD, so I am looking forward to it. Those
interested in checking out the car should come to the meet.

Hope to see you there!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC