RE: Black/Gold California Plates

To: "Datsun Email List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Black/Gold California Plates
From: "Gary Ward" <gary.ward@scccd.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:29:56 -0800
I'm unfamiliar with that issue.  I know of several people who have restored
their black/gold plates by repainting them in original authentic colors.
I've never heard the case where that was considered illegal, since you are
just maintaining the plate to its original condition (meeting the DMV
requirement that the plate remain "legible and serviceable").  I know of no
shops or businesses that claim to do it under some form of government
authorization.

Gary