Re: What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale (n

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Dan Zubkoff"
Subject: Re: What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale (n
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:03:08 -0800
Dan,

Well said! Except for the "roadster is a roadster..." part, because a
Silvia is technically not a roadster although it has most of the components
(just kidding you, how I'd love to have a Silvia).

What irks me is picking up a book on the history of automobiles and finding
no reference to our roadsters. Grrrr! This week I glanced at a book "A-Z
Encyclopedia of Sports Cars". It made references to being complete and
extensive. Yeah, right. Almost a dozen pages on Citroen (I think), and only
two pages on Datsun, that only showed the 240Z model and made like it was
Japan's contribution to the world of sports cars. No wonder a lot of
newbies think our cars are MG's! Keep telling the world about our little
cars until the truth is wide-spread!

Rare does not mean valuable. In the early '70's I gave up my beautiful
tricked-out '57 Chevy 2-dr coupe in favor of keeping my '68 2000 roadster,
because I though the roadster would be far more valuable in the future.
After all '57 Chevys were everywhere! Now they're 6 to 8 times more
valuable! Go figure.

I like my low-windshield car, and I like my high-windshield cars, for different
reasons. On my wish list is a 3-seater 1500. I've seen far fewer of these than
'67.5 2000's. I also wouldn't mind getting an old sedan or truck. Sigh, I can
dream, while envying you others that are actually acquiring them.

Fred - So.SF
'66 2L
'68 2000
'68 1600