Sometimes you just get lucky

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sometimes you just get lucky
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:09:48 PST
All,

As many of you know, my girlfriend has a 70 2000 and she like many of us is
invloved with fixing it up. She had ordered her seats redone by CDM and I
called Les to see if they were ready. Les said they were but being Les, said
he was not quite satisfied that they were up to snuff and if we wanted, he
would send them back to the manufacturer to have them done again. So Liz and
I hopped into my 67 2000 and headed down the coast on a spectacularly
beautiful afternoon to go see the seats. Plus I always enjoy going down to
CDM to see Les and to hang out in his shop.

Just as I was pulling off of the freeway at Melrose aveunue which is the
exit to go to CDM, my foot goes to the floor as I am down shifting and I
realize I have no clutch. I pull over and stop the car and call Les. (Lucky
I had my phone with me) He says to check my reservoir on the clutch
cylinder. I do and it is empty. Uh Oh.

On Les's advice I start the car in first gear. (Not easy to do by the way) I
crawl to CDM which fortunately for me was only about a mile from where I
lost my clutch. I pull in and Les quickly figures out that my slave cylinder
has crapped out. He replaces it along with the hose and I am back up and
running in no time.

So thanks Les. I guess if your roadster is going to break down, you couldn't
pick a better place than a mile from CDM!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC