1200's, I'm curious (OT to roadster purists)

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1200's, I'm curious (OT to roadster purists)
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:08:14 -0800
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Subject: roadster spotting in SF & east bay

<<Also last Friday night, by the cable car turnaround near columbus I
spotted a sweet datsun 1200. Anyone know who's it could be. I want
one now!>>

Ya know, I was really surprised when looking over the turnout at Doheny that
there as a complete absence of particular models, and one of them was the
1200.  I always liked the styling, and I've seen a pretty nicely modified
one (rollbar, aggro-exhaust system) in my drive throught the South Bay,
figured it might be someone who worked in one of the neighboring Nissan
corporate hi-rises.  I know they never achieved road-race status like the
510/Roadster, but I have always been attracted by cars that were outside the
norm.  (almost bought a Ford Econoline pickup when searching for a truck)
Kinda funny that the british car set uses them for Sprite parts, and yet
'we' don't. (I've seen the lots of Aussie web-pages with really nicely done
1200's on 'em, lotsa transplants, it seems the petrol price is a strong
motivator)  I guess we have plenty of L-based parts to pick over.

okay, I'll be quiet now.
Fergus O