Z Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Z Roadster
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:47:04 EST
Dear all

I missed the Z Roadster thread, but I just had to report my experiences,
having just come back from a 300 mile round trip in my 260Z Roadster in force
9 gales and driving rain - the custom soft-top kept out 99% of the elements
and my son Richard and I had a blast.

I've used the car as my daily driver for 3-4 months now and I've completed
around 3000 miles - she sailed through her annual MOT check and I can report
no problems. The engine was uprated a number of years back to 3.1 litres, she
runs triple webers, etc, etc, but there's been no flexing whatsoever. Sure,
she rattles a bit and she doesn't FEEL as stiff as the 2000, but the
conversion, nearly 15 years old now, has stood the time test. I'd recommend a
professional conversion to anyone.

Oh, and she turns heads - more than any other car I've driven.

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster
Register</A>