Re: Parts running out

To: The Belgian Roadster <chriss@euregio.net>
Subject: Re: Parts running out
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:46:04 -0800
The Belgian Roadster wrote:

> Hi List,
> Here in Europe parts a very hard to find. Nearly everthing is running
> out.
> I'm a Nissan Dealer and have some friends at Nissan Belgium and Nissan
> Germany.
> That way it is possible for me to do part search in half Europe. Only
> a few items are left here and there.
> If I cannot find my parts, my "back orders" are placed at  the "Nissan
> Europe Part Supply Center" from where they are send to Japan.
> The Japanese finally decide if I will or not receive parts, depending
> on the parts.
> If the part is still produced or has an alternative part number from a
> more recent car, they will send it.
> If it is out of production, they will keep it for the local market.
> Here in Europe we only have a few "Datsun Clubs" not even "Datsun
> Roadster Clubs", so we are not very powerfull.
> But in the States there are so many left (remember Roman's List).
>
> You are strong enough to make things change!
>
> Even if the Japanese don't want to start producing some Roadster items
> again,
> Nissan USA may obtain a permission from Nissan Japan to have a local
> production.
> Talk to Nissan-USA!
>
> New Datsun Roadster Parts made in USA-Go for it!
>
> Don't wait to long or Datsun Roadster are going to die!
>
> Chris-The Belgian Roadster

Obviously, here at CDM we have vested interest in seeing that the supply
of Datsun parts continues.

As I write this, Les is winging his way to Japan to try and find out if
something can be done. He even spoke with Mr. K last evening before he
left and faxed him a letter stating our concerns.  While Mr. K is no
longer active at Nissan, he does know the right people.  Hopefully,
something can be done.

While in Japan, Les will be attending the SP/SROC 25th Anniversary Meet at
Mt. Fuji Speedway.  I sent him with two digital cameras so "maybe" he will
get a picture or two that I will post to our site next week.

Dennis
CDM

--
Dennis Currington